Friday 31 October 2008

Stillwell Audio Plugins

Only just came across these this week while I was finishing a remix, and they really made a huge difference to the finished track. I haven't had a chance to test every one of them out (there's quite a few available) but thought I'd give peoples a heads up. I'm thinking maybe Mr Dan F might get a bit more geeky than I can over these?



My favourites so far are their "The Rocket" Compressor, and the "Transient Monster" which is invaluable for tightening up drums, breakbeats especially. I guess some might call me a lazy producer, but I like to consider myself someone that likes getting instant results rather than having to sit and tweak stuff for hours. These plugins give me exactly that, with a large range or presets available to cover many scenarios and styles, as well as being very easy to use anyway.


Other plugins available include:

1973 - a tribute to the Neve 1073
Bad Buss Mojo - a virtual mix buss amplifier
Event Horizon - described as a "peak-eating limiter"
Major Tom - very easy to use compressor
Verbiage
- algorithmic reverb
Vibe-EQ - unique sounding EQ

Fully functioning free trial downloads are available in both Mac VST and AU, as well as Windows VST, and if you decide to buy them each plugin is very reasonably priced from around $39-$49.

Well worth checking out!


http://www.stillwellaudio.com/

Oh, and the remix in question that I mentioned earlier is my new remix of ID's "Mission" for Re:Connect, which you can hear clips of on my Myspace page, and on my website too.

http://www.myspace.com/higheight
http://www.higheight.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these plugs are very usefull. I've been using them for a bit and have always thought that they work wonders! good call Niel